Aromatic 100 is a clear fluid with a sharp smell. It comes from the petroleum hydrocarbon family, and it is made primarily of a C9-C11 aromatic hydrocarbon. Manufacturers make the aromatic 100 solvent from petroleum-based crude compounds and has an odor content of 99% or even more. It is mainly manufactured by C9-C10 dialkyl and trialkyl benzene, and it is highly toxic.

Its chemical properties

The aromatic 100 fluid is a highly combustible material and releases vapors that immediately form flammable mixtures. It should only be handled under supervision, in well-ventilated places, and in areas where there are no ignition risks from nearby sources. For instance, there should be no open flames, unprotected light switches, or static electricity sources. Its flash point is averagely 106 degrees Fahrenheit, equivalent to 41degrees Celsius.

Its uses

Aromatic 100 fluid is useful as a solvent in various industrial applications, including fuel additives, industrial cleaning, paints and coatings, process fluids, pesticides, mastics and sealants, and many other uses. Although this product is used as an ingredient in consumer products and commercial applications such as paints and coatings, an aromatic 100 supplier does not sell it directly to the public for general consumer purposes.

Health information

Generally, aromatic 100 has low acute and chronic toxicity if one breathes or ingests it. It usually has vapor concentration limits of 19 parts per million in the air. Above that exposure limit in the air can cause eye irritation, lung irritation, headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, and even CNS depression. For people working with it in occupational settings, they should use chemical resistant gloves when handling it. That is because prolonged skin contact can result in skin irritation.

According to health experts, aromatic 100 fluid is not categorized as a carcinogen or mutagen; therefore, there is a low concern about developmental effects or reproductive effects.

Hazard information

If one accidentally ingests aromatic 100, it should be a medical emergency, and the person should be well treated. That is because small amounts of the liquid can get into the lungs through vomiting or aspiration and result in lung inflammation. In worse cases, it results in lung edema, which refers to an accumulation or presence of much fluid in the lungs. Therefore do not induce vomiting in such cases but instead seek medical emergency. The product is also not claimed compliant for food contact uses.

Environmental information

A good thing with aromatic 100 is that it biodegrades rapidly; therefore, it does not persist in the environment. Its volatility-ability to move from water to air and its low solubility in water renders it not chronically toxic to aquatic life. But, a significant spill is enough to cause long term adverse effects on marine life. It is a volatile organic compound and rapidly degrades in the air. Therefore, manufacturers and users should take precautionary measures to reduce its exposure to the air during use.

Consumer use of products with aromatic 100

Depending on the products used and the conditions under which they are used, if exposure should occur, it is likely to be infrequent. However, exposure can occur through using coatings and cleaning agents that contain this ingredient. A good way to prevent exposure is to work in well-ventilated areas, wear chemical resistant gloves, and practice good personal hygiene.


Generally, workplace exposure is usually relatively low because the process, handling, and storage are enclosed.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *